Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bootleg Screening...

Lately I have been feeling really crafty, so I decided to make some fairly really simple screen prints- on top of all the other stuff I've been doing!

I miss printing, and never really had a chance to learn how to make a silk screen, so I decided a ghetto screen would work.

By using a needle-point frame, you can stretch some extra stockings over the frame to create a screen!

Start off with a simple design

Trace it onto the stocking

Then with Modge-Podge paint over the area
 you do not want the paint/ink to come through
and let it dry

Press the color throught the screen with an old
credit card, cardboard or squeegy
and....tada!!! You have a screen printed design!!
This is the easiest way to design your own cards and have fun mass producing them, lol!






2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool, I'll try it to make my own stationary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately! They also sale wider frames- this was such a fun way to make some thank you cards! Let me know how it goes!

      Delete